Making fudge is not always easy, I will be the first to admit that. There is nothing worse than a grainy fudge… yuck. The secret to a fantastic fudge is the right chocolate. I’m not talking about Nestlé chocolate chips–I mean good chocolate. You can be lenient with the semi-sweet (I used Ghiradelli), but if you want to make those taste buds water make sure that milk chocolate is the best quality. Once you have the right ingredients, this recipe is pretty simple. As long as you are patient and attentive when the chocolate is melting, then your fudge will be fantastic!
Fantastic Fudge Recipe
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz bag) semi sweet chocolate
- 1 cup (5 oz) good quality milk chocolate
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 9 x 9 inch pan with parchment paper and grease with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, add the condensed milk, both types of chocolate, and butter.
- Allow mixture to melt over low heat, stirring often to avoid burning. Cook until well combined.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla; stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Hit pan a few times to remove any air bubbles.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours.
- When set, follow a knife around the edges to allow for easy removal and then remove fudge from the pan. Cut into pieces and serve!
- Store fudge in fridge for long storage.
Related Article: Everything You Need To Know About Buying Chocolate