Award season is starting and I am especially excited for the Golden Globes because Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are hosting. “Only at the Golden Globes do the beautiful people of film rub shoulders with the rat-faced people of television!” Tina and Amy do a superb job delivering borderline inappropriate content that both attendees and viewers enjoy. Fingers crossed that Jennifer Lawrence wins and Kristen Wiig presents with Will Ferrell again.
Recently I was nominated for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award, which is basically a Golden Globe, right? Okay maybe not, but nevertheless I am honored. Jhuls at TheNotSoCreativeCook and Leslie at MyYearOfCupCakes were kind enough to nominate me for this award. Both Jhuls and Leslie are inspiring women, talented writers, and passionate cooks. I encourage my followers to stop by their blogs, I promise it’s worth the visit.
Part of the Dragon’s Loyalty Award is sharing 7 facts about myself, which I love because I think it is important for my followers to learn more about me! (To see more fun facts see my Leibster Award.)
Fun facts about Haley
- I lived in Rome for 4 months where I enrolled in a Food & Culture course and two cooking classes. I consumed a variety of traditional Italian foods and learned the history and traditions surrounding their culinary culture.
- I’m a sitcom fanatic. My favorite shows are New Girl, The Mindy Project, 30 Rock, The Office, Friends, Modern Family, Parks & Rec, etc. I’m also catching on to The Crazy Ones with Robin Williams (the bloopers are hilarious).
- If I could be anyone in the world for one day it would either be Kate Middleton or Carrie Underwood–both are talented, confident, beautiful women. I just can’t decide whether I would want to be a national role model or sing and perform on stage for thousands of people!
- I have been camping/backpacking twice. When I was 12, I went to the Wind River Range in Wyoming where my dad and I hiked for 7 days. We caught rainbow trout and I learned how to bone a fish. The second trip was a pre-orientation program for college. In a group of two student leaders and five freshmen, I hiked the Appalachian trail for four days–talk about an icebreaker.
- My eyesight is terrible. I started wearing glasses in 6th grade and have been wearing contacts almost everyday since 7th grade.
- I taught my little brother how to read his first book, Green Eggs and Ham. My mom loved that I would climb into his crib in the morning and read to him. (Of course she loved it, she got to sleep in!)
- Despite the fact that I bake indulgent desserts, I am health conscious. I try going to the gym 5 days a week and enjoy trying new classes–Yoga, Zumba, Spinning, you name it.
It is difficult to narrow down the blogs I enjoy reading, but I do my best to nominate new blogs that are creative and captivating. The following blogs meet those qualifications and I am interested to learn more about them!
And here are the rules…
- Display the Award Certificate on your website.
- Announce your win with a post and link to whomever presented your award.
- Nominate up to 15 deserving bloggers.
- Send the nominees a comment to let them know of their nomination.
- Post seven interesting facts about yourself.