My dear fellow bloggers, thank you all SO much for the awards you have nominated me for. You are all too kind, you have got to stop. No seriously, I am having trouble keeping up! This week I will be graciously accepting the multiple awards I have been awarded the past two months so stay tuned for more acceptance speeches and worthy nominations.
For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Liebster Award, it is an award that acknowledges the work of other bloggers who are often new or up and coming and requires the nominee to share unknown facts about themselves. Jess at Cooking Is My Sport and Meaghan at 4 Sons ‘R’ Us nominated me for the Liebster award and I am incredibly honored. Both Jess and Meaghan are remarkable bloggers and dedicated foodies. I strongly suggest checking out their blogs.
Now here are the nominees:
- Hallie at The Wordy Baker
- Gabby at Baking with Gab
- Whitney at Appleton Desserts
- Shelby at Bella Bakes
- Thank the person who nominated me.
- Answer questions given to me by the person who nominated me.
- Nominate 5-10 people for the award.
- Ask about 10 questions the nominees have to answer.
- Comment on the nominee’s blog to let them know they received the award.
As part of the Liebster Award, the nominee must answer a few questions that their nominator asked them. This gives readers a chance to learn more about the blogger. Awesome, right? I have chosen five questions from Jess and five from Meaghan. Take a look:
- Who’s your favorite celebrity chef or food personality? Julia Child, no doubt. She is filled with personality, goes with the flow in the kitchen, and makes me laugh–all while teaching the art of cooking.
- Do you have a weird food or snack that you love, but are embarrassed to admit to anyone? What is it? (no judgment here!) I love goldfish, classic cheddar, giant carton. I am like a five year old.
- Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life? This is a toughie. I could say Meryl Streep, because she is, well, Meryl Streep. But I have to go with my girl Jennifer Lawrence because, like me, she is down-to-earth, funny and clumsy. Oh, and she loves food.
- Sugar cookie or Chocolate chip cookie? Um, chocolate chip, obviously!
- What was the last thing you cooked? Thin mint cookies.
- Do you remember your first blog post? What was it about? Hah, yes, it was me rambling about being funemployed and throwing all my free time into this blog.
- What’s your star sign? Are you familiar with the typical characteristics associated with it? If so, which ones apply to you? Capricorn. They are typically very ambitious, practical and patient. I am definitely a practical person and somewhat ambitious, but not so patient. I googled some of the characteristics and one of the websites read, “If she is not involved in an outside career, she will turn her home into a career.” This is exactly what I did during my funemployment!
- If you were given an opportunity to go anywhere on the planet, all expenses paid, where would you go? Africa. I am dying to go on safari!
- If you were guaranteed to be returned unharmed, what risky thrill would you try? Jumping off Mount Everest. I got the idea from watching The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon the other night. How awesome would it be to fly down the tallest mountain in the world?
- How many other people’s blog post do you read on average, per day? I go on blog reading binges. I may not read for a few days or even a week, and then spend an afternoon catching up on all the posts and sharing the blog love.
And here are the questions for my nominees:
I stole a few of the questions assigned to me because I liked them so much! And of course, you do not have to answer these if you do not want to.
- Who’s your favorite celebrity chef or food personality?
- If you were to go on any reality TV program, what would it be and why?
- Who is your biggest blog supporter? (This can be a family member, friend, or fellow blogger).
- If you could spend one day anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- How many other people’s blog post do you read on average, per day?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- Who is your hero?
- One food ingredient you can’t live without?
- How did you choose the name for your blog?
- Cats or dogs?
Thank you again Jess and Meaghan. Congrats to the nominees, you deserve it. Happy blogging!