I remember the first time I baked these. As I wrapped the Oreos with chocolate chip cookie dough, I laughed to myself. They were huge. My brother walked in and I turned around as if I were about to throw a baseball at him, hand full of cookie dough. His eyes widened as he asked, “What. Is. That?” I explained the concept of wrapping cookie dough around Oreos and he looked as though he fell in love. He could hardly wait for them to bake so he could bite into the monster cookie to see the Oreo surprise inside.
Once my taste tester gave the seal of approval, I packed the cookies in a gallon ziplock bag to bring to college. When I presented them to my roommates and friends, their mouths dropped and hands quickly dug inside the bag. Needless to say, these cookies make a statement. Try them out and be ready to amaze your friends.
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Yields: 24 large cookies
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 12-14 minutes
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 pkg. Double Stuffed Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together until well combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until creamy.
- Slowly add flour mixture and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, form two balls of cookie dough, each ball about the size of a heaping tablespoon. Place each ball on either side of the Oreo cookie. Gently press the dough down on the cookie by your cupping hands. Seal the edges together using fingers until Oreo is completely enclosed.
- Place the balls on prepared cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Note: This chocolate chip cookie recipe is not my usual recipe. This is a sturdier dough that won’t become too soft when baked around the Oreo.