This post is sponsored by Vitamix. While I was compensated for my time, all opinions are my own.
Try this homemade cranberry sauce recipe for Thanksgiving. It is naturally sweetened and blended smooth for a healthy and delicious holiday dish!
Thanksgiving is a mere two weeks away and the meal prep has already begun! Today I’m sharing my homemade cranberry sauce recipe. It’s the ideal ratio of tart and sweet, making it the perfect addition to a Thanksgiving meal.
When I load up my plate with turkey, potatoes, stuffing, etc., I always take an extra scoop of cranberry sauce. The condiment adds a special touch to all the food on my plate.
It is really one of the few Thanksgiving foods, aside from dessert, that is tart and sweet. Adding a dab of cranberry sauce on a scoop of potatoes or bite of turkey takes the meal to a whole new level!
The beauty of this particular homemade cranberry sauce recipe is that it is naturally sweetened. It uses honey instead of granulated sugar to sweeten up the sauce, and it works like a charm.
The subtle honey allows the natural cranberry flavor to shine through and maintain its unique tart taste. It also helps hold the sauce together, creating a natural gelatinous texture.
My homemade cranberry sauce recipe requires two processes. The first is to cook the sauce in a pot over heat. All the cranberry will pop allowing the juices to flow and your kitchen to smell ah-maze-ing.
The second step is to blend the cooked cranberry mixture in the Vitamix E310 Explorian Series. The sauce becomes irresistibly smooth in less than 30 seconds!
You can make this homemade cranberry sauce a few days before Thanksgiving (either Sunday or Monday). Check it off your food prep list and you’re good to go on T-Day.
The sauce becomes more flavorful as it sits in the fridge and holds on to its smooth texture. Oh, and it maintains that stunning red hue that cranberries naturally have. Another reason cranberry sauce is a nice addition to your plate, right?
To see how easy this homemade cranberry sauce recipe is, check out the recipe video below. The sauce will be ready in no time!
Homemade Cranberry Sauce RecipePrint Pin Rate
- 3 1/2 cups (12 oz) cranberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice juice of 1 orange
- Zest of one orange about 1 teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Sprinkle of salt
- In a medium pot, stir together cranberries, honey and water over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add orange juice, orange zest and cinnamon. Stir until ingredients are incorporated.
- Simmer on low for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Sauce is ready when most of the cranberries burst open.
- Taste (carefully because the sauce is hot) and if the sauce is too tart for your liking, add a couple more tablespoons of honey.
- Cool sauce and transfer to your Vitamix blender (it's okay if the sauce is still a little warm) and secure lid. Turn machine on and slowly increase to medium speed. Blend for 20 seconds, and then reduce speed to variable 1 and turn blender off. Transfer sauce to a heat-safe dish and refrigerate until use.