Get crafty with your baking this holiday season and make peanut butter sandwich reindeer pops using RITZ Crackers.
Christmas brings out my creative side. I tend to get crafty with my desserts and experiment with making holiday treats extra festive. The other day I took out my lollipop sticks and made reindeer pops using RITZ Crackers, pretzels and candies.
So I headed to the grocery store and found RITZ Crackers along with the rest of my ingredients. The eye candies and red nose candies can be found in the baking aisle (white chocolate chips and red sprinkles also work well for the eyes and nose respectively).
I must say, these reindeer pops were really fun (and easy) to make. I spread peanut butter on two RITZ Crackers, placed a lollipop stick in the center, and sandwiched the two RITZ Crackers together.
A crucial trick that I suggest following is freezing the pops before dipping them in chocolate. This will harden the peanut butter a bit so the lollipop stick is really set between the two RITZ Crackers. It will also make the chocolate harden more quickly when you dip the pops.
Below is a step-by-step on how I made the reindeer pops…
After the reindeer pops are decorated, I placed the tray into the refrigerator to make sure the chocolate hardened and the decorations were set.
Now you could serve them this way OR you can take your craft skills to the next level and create a stand to showcase your creations!
To make a stand, take the RITZ Crackers box and poke holes into the back using a knife. Then, stick the pops into the box so they can stand upright for all to see.
This is an excellent way to present the treats if you’re having guests over for a holiday party!
Between the RITZ Crackers, peanut butter and chocolate, these reindeer pops really satisfy the sweet-and-salty craving. And the reindeer presentation gets everyone in the holiday spirit!
Peanut Butter Sandwich Reindeer Pops
- 24 RITZ Crackers
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips for melting
- Small red candies or sprinkles
- Mini pretzel twists cut in half
- 12 lollipop sticks
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
- Spread about a teaspoon of peanut butter on two RITZ Crackers. Place a lollipop stick on one cracker and sandwich another on top. Repeat with remaining RITZ Crackers and set lollipops on prepared cookie sheet. Place the sheet in the freezer for about 20 to 30 minutes for peanut butter to harden.
- Cut the pretzels in half (be careful during the step, because the pretzel halves will easily break). Repeat until you have 12 sets of pretzel antlers.
- Next, melt the chocolate (see tips here).
- Remove the cookie sheet with peanut butter RITZ Crackers sandwiches from the freezer.
- Dip the sandwiches in the milk chocolate. Lightly scrape the bottom of the sandwich on the lip of the bowl, to remove any excess chocolate. Immediately insert the two pretzel antlers, angling them between the RITZ Crackers where the peanut butter filling is. Then place the dipped sandwich pop back on the baking sheet.
- While the chocolate is still wet, add two eye candies and one red candy for the nose. Repeat with remaining sandwich pops. If necessary, reheat the chocolate so it stays at a dippable consistency.
- Place cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes to let the chocolate set. Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
Inspired by Sweet & Crunchy Blog.