Sugar Cookie Truffles
Sugar cookie truffles are a must-try for Christmas. It's a four-ingredient no-bake recipe that uses sugar cookies, cream cheese, white chocolate and sprinkles!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Chill Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 18 sugar cookie truffles
- 2 cups (200 g) or 12 sugar cookies¹ about 2 1/2 in diameter
- 4 tablespoons (2 oz or 57 g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups white chocolate melting wafers, or candy melts
- Sprinkles for decoration
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Place sugar cookies in a food processor and process until cookies turn into fine crumbs. Add cream cheese and process again until well-combined and mixture can be pressed into a ball, 1 to 2 minutes.2
Shape cookies into balls about 1-inch to 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Place on prepared cookie sheet and place in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
While the truffles freeze, melt white chocolate in a medium bowl according to instructions. See notes below for tips on melting chocolate.3
Remove the cookie truffles from refrigerator. Using two forks, dip and roll chilled truffles, one at a time, in chocolate coating. Return to lined cookie sheet and immediately top with sprinkles. Repeat process for remaining truffles. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to one month.4
- Preferred sugar cookies: Use hard sugar cookies, not soft. I suggest using my cut out sugar cookie recipe or buying Pepperidge Farm sugar cookies at the store.
- Crumbly dough: If the sugar cookie truffle dough is not firm enough to roll into balls, add a teaspoon or two of milk.
- Melting chocolate: Use melting wafers or candy melts. Microwave at 50% power level in 30 second intervals until chocolate is melted and smooth. Never add water to melted chocolate. If you need to thin out the chocolate, add a tablespoon of shortening or coconut oil. See more tips for how to melt chocolate here.
- Freezing cookie truffles: Truffles can be frozen up to a month in advance. I suggest dipping them in chocolate before freezing for storage. Layer them between sheet of parchment paper in an airtight container. Defrost them in the refrigerator before serving.
- Suggested tools: Food processor, cookie scoop, baking sheet, dipping tools.
Serving: 1truffle | Calories: 80kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 38mg | Sugar: 8g