25 Days of Baking: Day 9
Peppermint bark is easily the best treat to gift during the holiday season. Whether your giving it to neighbors or friends across the country, it will show up at their doorstep in perfect condition. No need to worry about this treat getting smushed or going stale! With such a simple recipe and only three ingredients, you can make peppermint bark in large quantities and share with all your loved ones.
- One 10 ounce bag of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- One 10 ounce bag of white chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 6 regular sized candy canes, crushed
- Line a 13×9 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a double boiler or microwave, melt dark/semi-sweet chocolate chips. (See tips for melting chocolate here).
- Pour chocolate into lined baking sheet and spread with an offset spatula. Place in fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Once dark chocolate has hardened, melt white chocolate chips with peppermint extract.
- Once melted, stir in candy cane bits. Pour on top of dark chocolate and spread with offset spatula. Sprinkle any remaining candy canes bits on top. Place in fridge for at least an hour.
- Remove bark from fridge and break into pieces. Enjoy!