Beet Hummus Recipe
This post is sponsored by Vitamix. While I was compensated for my time, all opinions are my own.
This beet hummus recipe is easy, healthy and delicious. Make it in your Vitamix blender and it will be ready in minutes!
Can we talk about snack time? When I’m not baking cookies and brownies I like to snack on something a little healthier. My latest obsession is this beet hummus recipe (and I swear, it’s not because it’s pink!)
Okay, if I’m being honest, this hummus did catch my eye because it’s bright pink, but the flavor is what kept me coming back for more. It has all the wonderful qualities of hummus, but with the flavor of roasted beets.
If you’ve never made hummus before, it is super easy. Most recipes call for chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Those are the ingredients I used, but then I added roasted beets for color and flavor.
The ingredients come together smoothly in a blender (I use the Vitamix E310 Explorian Series). Simply put the ingredients in and let the blender do the rest of the work! The beets immediately infuse flavor and turn the hummus bright pink.
This beet hummus recipe is great to try if you’re looking to eat better in the new year. It would be perfect as a healthier option at parties or as a festive snack on Valentine’s Day!
Personally, I like to have hummus on hand when I start craving something savory in the middle of the afternoon. Pita chips are my favorite go-to snack with hummus. I’m telling you, I’m not just made up of butter and sugar. 😉
Check out the recipe video below and see how easy it is to make in a Vitamix blender…
Beet Hummus Recipe
- 1 15 ounce can (1 3/4 cup) chickpeas, , drained and rinsed
- 1 small beet,, roasted and cut into 1-inch chunks (this is about 1/2 cup)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 heaping tablespoons tahini
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place all the ingredients in your Vitamix blender and secure the lid. Blend on low speed (variable 1) for 30 seconds. Slowly increase speed to variable 4 and blend until mostly smooth, about 1 minute.
- Turn blender off and transfer hummus to a serving dish.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed (I added a sprinkle of salt for my personal taste). If it's too thick, add a teaspoon or two of water.
- Serve with pita chips or vegetables. Beet hummus will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week.