Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Crockpot spinach artichoke dip is an easy appetizer to make for parties. Stir the ingredients together in a slow cooker and it’s ready in an hour!
Crockpot recipes are the best recipes because they require very little effort. This crockpot spinach artichoke dip is no exception. Simply place the ingredients in the slow cooker, stir and let it cook! It tastes better than store-bought dip. You’ll definitely want to serve this dip at your next tailgate or Super Bowl party!
Why this recipe works: It is incredibly simple to make and requires very little prep. You can use fresh or frozen ingredients as well as low-fat ingredients if you prefer. The dip can be made ahead of time and reheated easily.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Frozen spinach defrosted and drained or fresh spinach may be used
- Artichoke hearts from a can or jar drained and chopped
- Cream cheese (regular or low-fat)
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (fresh is best)
- Shredded parmesan cheese (fresh is best)
- Freshly chopped garlic or a teaspoon of minced garlic from a jar
- Salt and pepper (or red pepper flakes)
How to make crockpot spinach artichoke dip
- Place all the ingredients into the crockpot and stir together.
- Cook the dip on low for 2 hours or on high for 1 hour. After the first 30 minutes of cooking, give the ingredients another stir.
- Transfer dip to a dipping bowl and serve.
Recipe variations: Add a teaspoon of hot sauce for spicy spinach artichoke dip; use shredded kale instead of spinach; stir in 1 cup shredded chicken after the dip is cooked.
What to serve with this dip
I like to serve a variety of chips, crackers and vegetables with this slow cooker spinach artichoke dip. Tortilla chips and crostini are good options as well as bagel chips and pita chips (especially the garlic and herb flavors). For vegetables, try baby carrots, celery sticks and bell pepper slices.
Storage and make ahead tips
Spinach artichoke dip may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Make sure the dip is at room temperature before storing it. Spinach artichoke dip may also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
The nice thing about most crockpot dips is that they are easy to reheat. Simply place the dip back in the crockpot and reheat on on the warm setting. Stir before serving. You can also reheat it in a baking dish in the oven at 350 F if you prefer.
I love using the crockpot for easy meals. My favorite in the winter is this vegetarian sweet potato chili. It has so much flavor and it’s pretty healthy! I also like making slow cooker chicken chili for game day or aprés ski.
If you’re looking for a dessert dip to serve at your next gathering, try my cannoli dip. It’s ready in 15 minutes and can be made ahead of time. Another popular dessert dip is this funfetti cake dip. It’s perfect for birthday parties!
You won’t believe how easy it is to make spinach artichoke dip from scratch and it has so much flavor! It is a good appetizer to serve at Super Bowl parties, movie nights or barbecues (just like my beer cheese dip). If you try this recipe, tap the stars to leave a review and tag @ifyougiveablondeakitchen on social media.
Crockpot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 15-oz. package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 ½ cups (12 oz or 340 g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (226 g) sour cream, or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup (120 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup (60 g) Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, or red pepper flakes
- SERVE WITH: crostini, pumpernickel wedges, pita triangles, tortilla chips, crackers, sliced veggies
- Place all of the ingredients into a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, or high for 1 hour. About 30 minutes into the cook time, lift the lid and stir to combine everything, then close and allow it to continue cooking.
- When the cook time is up, transfer the dip to a serving bowl and serve with your favorite dippers.