Funfetti Cake Dip
Funfetti cake dip is a quick and easy recipe for birthday parties. With only three ingredients, it will be ready to eat in no time and enjoyed by guests of all ages!
And the birthday treats continue! Today I’m sharing a recipe for funfetti dip—four ingredients, no-bake and ready in under 20 minutes. What more could you ask for?
I’m the type of person who could spend hours on a single dessert (in particular, boozy cupcakes). It’s like creating a work of art. I find it relaxing and incredibly satisfying when the baked good turns out just right.
I’m also the type of person who wants dessert right away. The sweet tooth is real and I may have more than one. Thankfully there are such things as no-bake desserts that are ready in no time.
Overview: How to make funfetti dip
Funfetti cake dip is made with three ingredients.
- Boxed cake mix – I used Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix. Vanilla cake mix works too, but you’ll have to add the sprinkles.
- Cool whip topping – It has the stability and structure to keep the dip full rather than fall flat. I do not suggest using whipped cream from a can.
- Vanilla yogurt – You can used nonfat, low-fat or regular yogurt. Greek yogurt may also be used, but the dip will be thicker than usual.
Mix the three together using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer and let the mixture sit in the fridge until set. I like adding more sprinkles and serving the dip with animal crackers or graham crackers.
Make ahead tips
All three of these ingredients keep for at least a couple weeks so you can buy them ahead of time (just make sure no one accidentally uses one of them!) Once the cake dip is made, it will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week. Make sure the dip is securely covered to prevent it from drying out. I like to give it a gentle stir right before serving so the consistency is even and smooth.
Cake dip can also be frozen for up to one month. To freeze, transfer the mixture to a ziplock bag and remove all the air. Gently press on the bag to move the dip into an even, flat layer (this will help the dip defrost evenly later on). Store on a flat surface in the freezer. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight before transferring it to a bowl to serve.
Is it safe to eat cake mix?
Yes, most cake mixes have been updated so it is safe to eat “raw.” I suggest using Pillsbury funfetti cake mix as the ingredients are safe to eat. Always check the box first!
If you are at all concerned about raw flour in your cake mix, simply spread the mix on a baking sheet, and bake for about 5 minutes at 350° F. Cool completely and use the mix in the dip recipe.
Looking for another no-bake dessert dip? Try my cannoli dip and serve with cookies, wafers or waffle cone pieces!
What to serve with funfetti cake dip
Funfetti cake dip can be served with animal crackers, graham crackers or or vanilla wafers. Really any sweet wafer or cracker will work for this dip. You can also add sprinkles to the dip for more color!
What to make with funfetti cake mix
Funfetti cake mix is pandora’s box when it comes to baking. There’s more to make than just cake and cake dip! You can make birthday cake mix waffles for a celebratory breakfast. I like adding whipped cream and a candle on top! Other popular recipes include funfetti cake mix cookies and a kid-favorite funfetti rice krispies .
Head to the grocery store, pick up the ingredients and serve this dip at your next gathering! I like to use animal crackers or graham crackers as a shovel to eat the dip 😉 This dip can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator before serving.
I love seeing what you recently baked (or no-baked!) If you make this recipe, tag @ifyougiveablondeakitchen on social media so I can see your creation!
Funfetti Cake Dip
- 1 box (4 cups or 432 g) Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1 container (3 cups or 225 g) whipped topping , (such as Cool Whip)
- 1 ½ cups (370 g) vanilla yogurt, (I used Stonyfield low-fat vanilla yogurt)
- Animal Crackers
- Use an electric mixer to mix together Funfetti cake mix, whipped topping and vanilla yogurt until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer mix to a serving bowl. Refrigerate dip uncovered for at least 15 minutes.
- Garnish with additional sprinkles and immediately serve with animal crackers.
Adapted from Budget Savvy Diva.