Funfetti dip is a quick and easy recipe for birthday parties. With only three ingredients, it will be ready to eat in no time and enjoyed by guests of all ages!
And the birthday treats continue! Today I’m sharing a recipe for funfetti dip—four ingredients, no-bake and ready in under 20 minutes. What more could you ask for?
I’m the type of person who could spend hours on a single dessert (in particular, boozy cupcakes). It’s like creating a work of art. I find it relaxing and incredibly satisfying when the baked good turns out just right.
I’m also the type of person who wants dessert right away. The sweet tooth is real and I may have more than one. Thankfully there are such things as no-bake desserts that are ready in no time.
Three ingredient funfetti dip
Funfetti cake dip is made with three ingredients.
- Boxed cake mix – I used Pillsbury Funfetti cake mix. Vanilla cake mix works too, but you’ll have to add the sprinkles.
- Cool whip topping – It has the stability and structure to keep the dip full rather than fall flat. I do not suggest using whipped cream from a can.
- Vanilla yogurt – You can used nonfat, low-fat or regular yogurt. Greek yogurt may also be used, but the dip will be thicker than usual.
Mix the three together using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer and let the mixture sit in the fridge until set. I like adding more sprinkles and serving the dip with animal crackers or graham crackers.
Is it safe to eat cake mix?
Yes, most cake mixes have been updated so it is safe to eat “raw.” I suggest using Pillsbury funfetti cake mix as the ingredients are safe to eat. Always check the box first!
If you are at all concerned about raw flour in your cake mix, simply spread the mix on a baking sheet, and bake for about 5 minutes at 350° F. Cool completely and use the mix in the dip recipe.
What to serve with funfetti cake dip
Funfetti cake dip can be served with animal crackers, graham crackers or or vanilla wafers. Really any sweet wafer or cracker will work for this dip. You can also add sprinkles to dip for more color!
More things to make with funfetti cake mix…
Funfetti cake mix is pandora’s box when it comes to baking. There’s more to make than just cake and cake dip! Here are a few of my favorite recipes…
- Birthday cake mix waffles
- Funfetti cake mix cookies
- Cake mix rice krispies – The Gold Lining Girl blog
- Funfetti puppy chow – Homemade Hooplah blog
Head to the grocery store, pick up the ingredients and serve this dip at your next gathering! I like to use animal crackers or graham crackers as a shovel to eat the dip 😉
If you make this recipe, tag @ifyougiveablondeakitchen on social media so I can see your creation!
- 1 box (4 cups or 432 g) Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1 container (3 cups or 225 g) whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
- 1 1/2 cups (370 g) vanilla yogurt (I used Stonyfield low fat vanilla yogurt)
- Animal Crackers
- Use an electric mixer to mix together Funfetti cake mix, whipped topping and vanilla yogurt until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer mix to a serving bowl. Refrigerate dip uncovered for at least 15 minutes.
- Garnish with additional sprinkles and immediately serve with animal crackers
- Preferred whipped topping: Full fat, low-fat and non-fat whipped topping will work in this recipe. Use whipped topping (not whipped cream) for best results.
- Raw cake mix: If you’re concerned about raw flour, Pillsbury has upgraded its boxed mixes! The cake mixes are safe to eat “raw,” in recipes such as funfetti cake dip.
- Suggested tools: Mixing bowls, hand mixer, and kitchen scale.
Adapted from Budget Savvy Diva.