Easy Mini Cheesecakes
Smooth, creamy and delicious, these easy mini cheesecakes are stunning and make the perfect bite-sized dessert. The graham cracker crust adds a delicious crunch and the filling has the perfect balance of flavors. Serve during Valentine’s Day and other special occasions.
These luscious mini cheesecakes have it all. They have a creamy, sweet, mild-flavored filling and a crunchy base. Plus they are easy to make and look amazing. These cheesecakes never fail to impress and I serve them every Valentine’s Day. With just a few ingredients you can make your very own from scratch in no time.
Why this recipe works
This mini cheesecake recipe is so easy to make because you can skip the water bath. All you need is less than ten ingredients, a bowl, muffin tin and you are good to go! Oh, and you can also make this yummy dessert ahead of time too.
- Cream cheese: Use good-quality block cream cheese to make the filling. This is the main ingredient in the recipe and gives the filling its notorious creamy flavor.
- Sour cream: This adds a mild tangy flavor to the cheesecake which balances out the sweetness from the sugar.
- Graham crackers: This is the base of the cheesecake so make sure you blend or crush them well to get an even crumb-like texture.
- Butter: This is combined with graham crackers to make a solid base for the cheesecakes.
This tasty dessert is so easy to adapt to suit your taste. For example, you can use different cookies such as Oreos, vanilla wafers, biscoff or gingersnap for the crust.
Another nice thing about this recipe is that you can cut it in half to make a small batch of mini cheesecakes. You can also double the recipe if you’re entertaining many guests!
How to make mini cheesecakes
- Preheat the oven: to 350 F and line two muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- Make the crust: Whisk graham crackers crumbs and sugar until well combined then mix in the butter.
- Bake crusts: Next, add the cracker mixture to the prepped muffin tins then bake at 350 F until fragrant or for 6 minutes. Then set aside, allow to cool and lower the oven temperature to 325 F.
- Make the cheesecake filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar together until fluffy then mix in sour cream, and vanilla, then add eggs. Once the filling is mixed well, pour an equal amount into each muffin cup.
- Bake at 325 F for 18 to 20 minutes. Once the cheesecakes have been baked turn the oven off and allow them to cool in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely to room temperature.
- Chill the cheesecakes: Finally, chill for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature. This will ensure that the cheesecake filling ingredients combine properly when mixing and give it a smooth and creamy texture.
Measure all of your ingredients using a weighing scale. It is really important to use a weighing scale as it will help you to get accurate measurements for all of the ingredients for the best results.
Bake the cheesecakes at the correct oven texture. When baking the crust, the oven should be at 350 F and when baking the cheesecake filling, it should be at 325 F. For extra accuracy use an oven thermometer.
Let the cheesecakes cool with the door cracked. To achieve the correct consistency, let the cheesecakes cool in the oven with the door cracked. Then turn the oven off for 20 minutes before taking the cheesecakes out and cooling them to room temperature. Finally, chill the cheesecakes for a full 4 hours or overnight.
Frequently Asked Questions
They are done once the centers are a little puffy and jiggly. The edges should also be more firm and the filling will set fully as the cheesecakes cool.
It is best to use a muffin tin with paper liners to make mini cheesecakes.
Yes, if you don’t have paper liners to hand, then you can put parchment paper in the muffin tin instead. As a last resort, grease the muffin tin with nonstick spray. Once the cheesecakes have been chilled, run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake and pop them out of the pan.
Yes, they can be frozen. After the cheesecakes have cooled completely, place them in a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze them for up to 2 months. Defrost in the refrigerator before serving.
Give these cheesecake recipes a try if your fan of cheesecakes.
Did you love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below and if you REALLY loved it, consider leaving a comment further down the page.
Easy Mini Cheesecakes
Graham Cracker Crust
- 9 graham cracker sheets, crushed into fine crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 Tablespoons (56 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces or 226 g) block cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (113 g) sour cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir in melted butter until absorbed.
- Divide mixture among prepared muffin cups and press down firmly using the bottom of a glass or your hands.
- Bake graham cracker crust for 6 to 7 minutes or until golden and fragrant. Set aside to cool. Lower oven temperature to 325° F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix until combined, about 30 seconds. Add egg and mix until incorporated. Scrape down sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups with graham cracker crust, filling each cup about three-quarters full. Tap the pan gently on the counter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake mini cheesecakes at 325° F for 18 to 20 minutes or until the tops are set. Turn the oven off, crack open the oven door and let the cheesecake cool for an additional 20 minutes before removing it from the oven and cooling to room temperature.
- Carefully remove cooled cheesecakes from the muffin pan and place in an airtight container to chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Serve cold with strawberry sauce or fresh strawberries and whipped cream.