Salted Nutella blondies uses a chewy blondie recipe with the addition of Nutella and a sprinkle of sea salt on top.
This recipe was originally published September 2016. It was last updated December 2019.
“Ooey gooey goodness” best describes these salted Nutella blondies. My go-to blondie recipe is kicked up a notch with a layer of Nutella and a sprinkle of sea salt. The hazelnut chocolate spread is the perfect complement to buttery, sweet blondies.
So why should you make these blondies? Well, if you’re a Nutella fan you will certainly love these bars because Nutella is the star ingredient. Also, these bars are fairly easy to make. Learn how to make a blondie batter base and layer Nutella in the center.
How to make Nutella blondies
You will need the following ingredients to make Nutella blondies: flour, baking soda, salt, butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and Nutella. Start by making the blondies…
- Combine the dry ingredients: Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix together the wet ingredients: Melt the butter and mix it together with the brown sugar. Add the eggs and then the vanilla. Stir until everything is incorporated.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients: Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Avoid over mixing.
- Assembly: Spread half the mixture into an 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Spread Nutella on top. Carefully spread remaining blondie batter on top of Nutella.
- Bake: Bake blondies at 350 F for 35 minutes. Cool completely before cutting and serving.
How to store Nutella blondies
Nutella blondies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. If you are in a warmer climate, I suggest storing the blondies in the refrigerator as the bars are gooey.
Nutella blondies can also stored in the freezer. Cool blondies completely and do not cut. Tightly wrap with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Store on a flat surface in the freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator before cutting and serving.
Desserts with Nutella
Do you love Nutella? Here are more desserts you may enjoy…
- Nutella cheesecake – Nutella infused in New York style cheesecake
- Nutella lava cupcakes – Nutella oozes out like lava from these chocolate cupcakes
- Peanut butter Nutella thumbprints – Peanut butter is the perfect pair for Nutella
- Nutella cookies – Chocolate hazelnut cookies are chewy and rich thanks to Nutella
- Nutella brownies – Thick and rich Nutella brownies
I mean, c’mon. That gooey goodness is just waiting to be eaten, especially with the sprinkle of sea salt on top. The salty sweet combo brings out the brown sugar butter combo and the hazelnut notes in the Nutella.
And there you have it… Nutella-stuffed salted blondies!
Salted Nutella Blondies
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 226 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 cups (300 g) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup (13 oz jar) Nutella¹
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line an 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together melted butter and brown sugar using a whisk. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir by hand just until combined.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan and use the rubber spatula to evenly spread the top. Pour Nutella over the bottom layer of batter.¹ Spread evenly with an offset spatula. Pour second half of batter on top and gently smooth over with the rubber spatula.²
- Bake at 350° F for 35 to 37 minutes, or until the top is shiny and cracked, and feels firm to the touch. Sprinkle with sea salt immediately and cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into 1 1/2 by 1 1/2-inch bars and serve.