Salted Nutella blondies uses a chewy blondie recipe with the addition of Nutella dollops and a sprinkle of sea salt on top.
“Ooey gooey goodness” best describes these salted Nutella blondies. My go-to blondie recipe is kicked up a notch with dollops of Nutella and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Blondies are climbing to the top of my favorite dessert list. The brown sugar buttery goodness is wooing my tastebuds. I really didn’t think I could like a chocolateless dessert this much. But of course I go and add chocolate to it anyway.
And not just any chocolate—Nutella. I took my perfect blondies and introduced them to Nutella. And you know what? It was just what these blondies needed.
The hazelnut chocolate spread found its way into the blondie batter in just the right way. I melted the chocolate hazelnut spread slightly (about 15 seconds in the microwave) so it was easily spreadable. After spreading half the blondie batter into the baking pan, I topped it with a generous spread of Nutella.
And when the blondies go into the oven, the Nutella stays pretty much right where you put it. So when you cut the blondies, each bar gets its own Nutella surprise.
And fair warning, these blondies are SUPER gooey (if you couldn’t tell from the photo). I advise waiting until they are completely cooled before cutting. Let the Nutella get settled in its new home before introducing it to the neighbors a.k.a. your stomach.
I mean, c’mon. That gooey goodness is just waiting to be eaten, especially with the sprinkle of sea salt on top. The salty sweet combo brings out the brown sugar butter combo and the hazelnut notes in the Nutella.
And there you have it… Nutella-stuffed salted blondies!
Salted Nutella Blondies
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks or 226 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 cups (300 g) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup (13 oz jar) Nutella¹
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line an 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together melted butter and brown sugar using a whisk. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir by hand just until combined.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan and use the rubber spatula to evenly spread the top. Pour Nutella over the bottom layer of batter.¹ Spread evenly with an offset spatula. Pour second half of batter on top and gently smooth over with the rubber spatula.²
- Bake at 350° F for 35 to 37 minutes, or until the top is shiny and cracked, and feels firm to the touch. Sprinkle with sea salt immediately and cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into 1 1/2 by 1 1/2-inch bars and serve.