Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Blondies
Reese’s pieces peanut butter blondies are chewy, buttery and packed with flavor. Each bite has peanut butter, chocolate chips and Reese’s pieces!
What is it about peanut butter desserts that is so irresistible? Is it the nutty flavor or the way each bite melts in your mouth? Either way, peanut butter makes my latest dessert mouthwateringly good. These peanut butter blondies are packed with Reese’s Pieces and chocolate chips.
Why this recipe works: The base is from my peanut butter cookie bars so I know the soft, chewy texture is on point. The peanut butter makes the blondies extra rich in flavor. The Reese’s pieces add texture and color that is perfect for fall and Halloween.
How to make Reese’s pieces peanut butter blondies
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 8-inch square baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together dry ingredients—flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Beat together wet ingredients—melted butter and peanut, then add the sugar and brown sugar. Finally add egg and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients just until combined.
- Mix in Reeses’s pieces and chocolate chips. Transfer dough to prepared pan and press firmly down.
- Bake blondies at 350 F for 20 minutes.
Crumbly dough? It’s okay if the blondie dough is a little dry. When pressed into the pan, it will come together and firm up while baking!
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of peanut butter should I use? Creamy no-stir peanut butter is best (I used Skippy’s). Organic all natural peanut butter that separates in the jar won’t work well in this recipe. I have not tried crunchy peanut butter in this recipe.
Can I use M&M’s instead? Yes! Any similar sized chocolate-based candy works in this recipe.
Can I freeze blondies? Yes. Once the blondies have cooled, wrap it in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil. Store in the freezer for up to 1 month. Defrost in the refrigerator before bringing to room temperature and serving.
Do you love blondies? Then you have to try my classic blondie recipe! It features white chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips and chopped pecans. If you’re looking for a more unique blondie recipe, try my pecan coconut blondies. Another fan favorite is nutella stuffed blondies.
Reese’s pieces peanut butter blondies are perfect for Halloween. If you have extra candy, try my Halloween candy bark. It’s an easy, no-bake recipe that is great for kids of all ages! You might also like these peanut butter spider cookies with Reese’ mini cups.
Reese’s pieces peanut butter blondies are perfect for any fall gathering you’re having or even a Halloween party! What would you make them for? Let me know in the comments and leave a review if you try the recipe!
Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Blondies
- 6 Tablespoons (85 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (130 g) creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 g) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (87 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese’s Pieces, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 8" square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer) fitted with the whisk attachment, combine melted butter with peanut butter until smooth, about 1 minute. Add both sugars and whisk until well mixed. Switch to the paddle attachment and add vanilla and egg. Mix well, about 2 minutes.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add dry ingredients. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, add chocolate chips and 3/4 cup Reese’s Pieces. Stir until incorporated. The dough should be soft and slightly crumbly (that’s okay).
- Place dough in prepared pan and press, smoothing out the top until dough is firm. Sprinkle remaining Reese’s Pieces candy over the top and gently press into the dough.
- Bake bars for 20 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack to cool completely. Cut and serve.
Inspired by Crunchy, Creamy, Sweet.