Reese’s pieces peanut butter blondies are chewy, buttery and packed with flavor. Each bite has peanut butter, chocolate chips and Reese’s pieces!
What is it about peanut butter desserts that is so irresistible? Is it the nutty flavor or the way each bite melts in your mouth?
Either way, peanut butter makes my latest dessert mouthwateringly good. These peanut butter blondies are packed with Reese’s Pieces and chocolate chips.
Blondies adapt well to flavors. You can add in plenty of mix-ins (nuts, chocolate chips, candy, etc.) and it completely changes the game!
For this recipe, I flavored the batter with peanut butter and mixed in chocolate chips and Reese’s Pieces. I love the fall colors the candy adds!
There are certain desserts I make and I truly surprise myself. I start baking, and I’m like, “I know what these peanut butter blondies will taste like, like blondies but peanut butter flavored.”
But then when I actually try the finished dessert, I was shocked at how good they were. It’s a dessert that you bite into and it’s delicious and as you chew it the flavors grow more intense and satisfying.
Of course, the Reese’ Pieces and chocolate chips add a lot to that experience. I love when desserts have little surprises that create flavor in every bite.
Making the blondies was relatively easy to do as well. After mixing the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together, the dough becomes relatively crumbly. I’m here to say that’s normal!
Add in the Reese’s Pieces and chocolate chips and the dough will still be crumbly. Again, normal. Simply pat the dough into the prepared baking pan. The dough will firm up and be ready to bake!
You will see what I mean in the recipe video below. The blondies turn out solid, chewy and packed with flavor!
This dessert is perfect for any fall gathering you’re having or even a Halloween party! What would you make them for?
Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Blondies
- 6 Tablespoons (85 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (130 g) creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 g) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (87 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese's Pieces divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a 8" square baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer) fitted with the whisk attachment, combine melted butter with peanut butter until smooth, about 1 minute. Add both sugars and whisk until well mixed. Switch to the paddle attachment and add vanilla and egg. Mix well, about 2 minutes.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add dry ingredients. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, add chocolate chips and 3/4 cup Reese's Pieces. Stir until incorporated. The dough should be soft and slightly crumbly (that's okay).
- Place dough in prepared pan and press, smoothing out the top until dough is firm. Sprinkle remaining Reese's Pieces candy over the top and gently press into the dough.
- Bake bars for 20 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cut and serve.
Inspired by Crunchy, Creamy, Sweet.