Coconut Apricot Balls
Coconut apricot balls require four ingredients—dried apricots, unsweetened coconut, walnuts and sweetened condensed milk. Try this no-bake recipe for the holidays!
I find the combination of coconut and apricot to be sweet, but not overpowering. It presents an interesting texture with plenty of flavor. This recipe comes from my mom who makes these no-bake balls every Christmas. Coconut apricots balls are little truffles that are so satisfying to eat!
Why this recipe works: It requires only four ingredients and is very simple to make. There is no baking requires and they make a great gift for the holidays!
What you need for this recipe
Coconut apricot balls are made with apricots, unsweetened shredded coconut, walnuts and sweetened condensed milk. These ingredients mixed together create the perfect texture—think soft, chewy and sweet.
How to make coconut apricot balls
Simply place all the ingredients in your food processor and pulse until well combined (about 30 to 60 seconds). Use a cookie scoop to form into 1-inch balls and roll in extra shredded coconut. There you have it! Ready in minutes. If you prefer, you can also roll the balls in powdered sugar for extra sweetness.
Frequently Asked Questions
I tried this recipe with sweetened and unsweetened coconut flakes and I prefer unsweetened. The apricots and sweetened condensed milk add enough sweetness.
Apricot balls store well in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator. I do not suggest storing the balls in the freezer as they lose their texture over time and dry out. The balls are best when consumed within a week of making.
No, unfortunately they do not freeze well. However, you can make them ahead of time as they keep well in an airtight container.
Apricots in my opinion are an underrated ingredient. They taste delicious fresh in these apricot bars or dried in apricot oatmeal cookies. If you have extra coconut, I suggest making my coconut macaroons or pecan coconut blondies.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If you make this treat, tag @ifyougiveablondeakitchen on social media so I can see your creations.
Get the Recipe: Coconut Apricot Balls
- One 6 oz. package dried apricots (1 1/2 cups or 170 g)
- 3 cups (288 g) unsweetened flaked coconut, separated
- 1 cup (120 g) chopped walnuts, or nut of your choice
- ⅔ cup (208 g) sweetened condensed milk
- Powdered sugar, optional
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or wax paper). Set aside.
- Place apricots, 2 cups shredded coconut, walnuts and sweetened condensed milk in a food processor. Pulse until combined, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls and roll in remaining 1 cup shredded coconut. You can also roll in powdered sugar if preferred. Coconut apricot balls may be eaten right away or stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.