This s’mores bars recipe is perfect for summer! The graham cracker dough hugs marshmallow fluff and thick chocolate bars. Each bite is oozing with flavor—it’s better than real s’mores!
I’m so looking forward to summer! Not only so I can enjoy all the sunshine, but also so I can treat myself to all the s’mores treats!
This s’mores bars recipe is getting me in the summer mood already 😉
Made with a graham cracker dough, marshmallow creme and thick chocolate bars, this dessert will have you feeling like you’re right next to the campfire.
Growing up, I was never a fan of marshmallows. I would have the occasional fluffernutter (peanut butter fluff sandwich), but I wasn’t the type to eat marshmallows straight from the bag.
I was, however, I huge fan of s’mores. Something about melted marshmallows was way better than a regular old mallow.
This thinking would explain why I wanted to make these s’mores bars!
These bars are the epitome of a s’more minus the campfire. You have your gooey marshmallow fluff, thick chocolate bars and graham cracker dough to hold everything together!
In order to satisfy my love for a good melted mallow, I used marshmallow creme. And to satisfy my chocolate craving, I used XL chocolate bars.
Every s’more deserves a nice thick chocolate layer if you ask me!
The graham cracker layer is also delicious. It is the perfect case to hold the marshmallow and chocolate layers together. In fact, these bars are less messy than your typical s’mores… kind of 😉
To make each graham cracker layer even, I suggest lining your baking pan with parchment paper and create the top layer first. Set it aside, then create your bottom layer.
Watch the recipe video and it will make sense!
Whether it’s summer where you are or not, these s’mores bars will definitely get you in the summer mind set!
Tools you need to make this s’mores bars recipe…
- 1 1/4 cup (156 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (113 g or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 g) white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 graham cracker sheets (93 g), crushed into crumbs
- 2 (4.4 oz) milk chocolate XL Hershey Bars
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line an 8-inch by 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Graham Cracker Dough Base
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer (or stand mixer), beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Mix in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated, about 20 seconds. Add in the graham cracker crumbs and stir just until combined, about 10 seconds (either with the mixer or by hand).
- Press half of the dough into the bottom of the pan. Lift out the parchment with the dough on it and set it aside—this will be your top cookie layer.¹
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper again and press the remaining dough into the bottom of the pan. Layer with the chocolate bars, marshmallow creme, and top cookie layer.²
- Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool completely for best serving results.
- Refer to the recipe video for visual demonstration of creating graham cracker layers.
- I suggest flipping the top cookie layer upside down then peeling off the parchment paper. This will create a smoother top layer (refer to the video).
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
If you like this s’mores bars recipe, try these treats…