Mini Egg Easter Blondies
Mini egg Easter blondies are an easy dessert to make this spring. Stir in chocolate Cadbury mini eggs for an Easter surprise!
Can you believe Easter is only one week away? Feels like it was just Valentine’s Day! For dessert this year I’m making these mini egg Easter blondies.
Let me start of by admitting my total and complete obsession with Cadbury mini eggs. Also, note that these are the mini eggs not the cream filled ones (yuck, in my opinion). These mini eggs have the hard candy coating with thick chocolate on the inside. I figured they would be the perfect mix-in for blondie bars!
I don’t make blondies often enough. The last time I did was when I made Nutella blondies and they were unreal. For Easter, I added mini egg candies to the batter. I’m starting to see a pattern developing. I need chocolate in my blondies!
Even with the chocolate, you can truly taste how the brown sugar and butter meld together to create sweet and flavorful bars.
How to make Mini Egg Easter Blondies
For ingredients you need flour, baking powder, salt, melted butter, light brown sugar, vanilla, egg and Mini Cadbury Eggs.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat melted butter and brown sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer). Mix until butter is absorbed.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix until combined. Scrape down sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Add flour mixture and mix just until combined with the mixer on low. Stir in mini cadbury eggs by hand.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Where to buy Mini Cadbury Eggs
You can buy Mini Cadbury Eggs at your local grocery store during the Easter season. I found mine at Target. You can also find them online. If you can’t find Mini Cadbury Eggs, I suggest using Hershey’s Candy Coated Chocolate Eggs or Peanut M&M’s.
How to store blondies
Blondies are best when stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. They will keep for up to a week if stored in the refrigerator.
Can you freeze blondies?
Yes, once the blondies have cooled completely, use the parchment paper to lift the entire bar out of the pan. Wrap the uncut bar in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Store on a flat surface in the freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator before bringing to room temperature, cutting and serving.
Want to learn more about blondies? See more in this classic blondies post.
Easter dessert recipes
Are you on dessert duty for Easter? Here are some more recipes to try…
- Carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
- Mini Cadbury egg vanilla layer cake
- Bunny butt sugar cookies
- Mini carrot cake whoopie pies
Whether you’re trying to get spring here sooner or you’re looking for an Easter dessert, these mini egg blondies will do the trick!
Mini Egg Easter Blondies
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup (1 stick or 113 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup (200 g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (200 g) chopped mini chocolate eggs, I used Cadbury
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch by 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and brown sugar until combined. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour mixture and stir just until combined (careful not to overmix). Fold in chopped mini eggs.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking pan. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool and cut into squares and serve.
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B01JTDG084″ locale=”US” tag=”ifyogiablaki-20″]Kitchen scale[/easyazon_link] to weigh ingredients (it’s more accurate than measuring)
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00005UP2P” locale=”US” tag=”ifyogiablaki-20″]Stand mixer[/easyazon_link] or [easyazon_link identifier=”B00C0QJY40″ locale=”US” tag=”ifyogiablaki-20″]hand mixer[/easyazon_link] to thoroughly combine ingredients
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B00CYDFLDW” locale=”US” tag=”ifyogiablaki-20″]Silicone spatula[/easyazon_link] to stir in mini cadbury eggs
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B0026RHHZ6″ locale=”US” tag=”ifyogiablaki-20″]8×8 baking pan[/easyazon_link] to bake the blondies in.