Mini egg Easter blondies are an easy dessert to make this spring. Stir in chocolate Cadbury mini eggs for an Easter surprise!
Can you believe Easter is only one week away? Feels like it was just Valentine’s Day! For dessert this year I’m making these mini egg Easter blondies.
Let me start of by admitting my total and complete obsession with Cadbury mini eggs. Also, note that these are the mini eggs not the cream filled ones (yuck, in my opinion).
These mini eggs have the hard candy coating with thick chocolate on the inside. I figured they would be the perfect mix-in for blondie bars!
I don’t make blondies often enough. The last time I did was when I made Nutella blondies and they were unreal. For Easter, I added mini egg candies to the batter.
I’m starting to see a pattern developing. I need chocolate in my blondies!
Even with the chocolate, you can truly taste how the brown sugar and butter meld together to create sweet and flavorful bars.
I chopped up the Cadbury mini eggs so there are chocolate bits in every bite. I even added a few whole ones on top for a tasteful finish.
I love how the pastel eggs add a bit of color to the blondies. One look (or taste!) and you’ll be thinking, “Spring is here!”
Whether you’re trying to get spring here sooner or you’re looking for an Easter dessert, these mini egg blondies will do the trick!
Check out the recipe video below to see just how easy it is to make these blondies…
Tools you need to make mini egg Easter blondies:
Mini Egg Easter Blondies
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 113 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup (200 g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (200 g) chopped mini chocolate eggs I used Cadbury
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch by 8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and brown sugar until combined. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour mixture and stir just until combined (careful not to overmix). Fold in chopped mini eggs.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking pan. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool and cut into squares and serve.