Learn how to make smores dip in a skillet! It is so easy and requires only four ingredients. This summer dessert will be ready in no time!
Smores are arguably the official dessert of summer. Three ingredients, a camp fire and you have a ooey gooey, lick-your-fingers-it’s-so-good dessert. What you don’t know is that this dessert can just as easily be made into a dip.
Yeah, my mind was blown when I learned I didn’t need a campfire to make s’mores. After a summer dinner with friends, pop this s’mores dip in the oven for 5 minutes and serve dessert! This will bring on the nostalgia without a doubt. Find your iron skillet and I will show you how to make smores dip!
Why this smores dip works
This smores dip works because it is so easy. Honestly it requires few ingredients and an oven before your dip is ready to eat. A few tips to help you this the best smores dip ever…
- Place the skillet in the oven while it preheats. This will make the pan hot so the chocolate starts to melt early on.
- Grease the pan with butter. Clean up will be so much easier Trust me.
- Cut the marshmallows in half. They will stick to the chocolate and not over puff and make a mess.
How to make smores dip
First you need ingredients—chocolate chips, marshmallows, and graham crackers—the basics. A tablespoon of butter will be helpful too as it will prevent the marshmallows from sticking to the skillet. In other words, it will make clean up easier!
Grease an 8-inch iron skillet with butter. Sprinkle chocolate chips or chopped chocolate across the bottom of the pan. Cut regular-sized marshmallows in half and layer them (cut-side down) over the chocolate chips. Bake and enjoy with graham crackers!
How long do you put smores dip in the oven?
Bake smores dip for 5 to 7 minutes in a 450° F oven. The smores dip is done when the marshmallows are golden brown on top and the chocolate is melted. For a more toasty finish, put the oven on broil the last minute or two and keep a close eye on the marshmallows so they don’t burn (unless you prefer them that way).
Do you love s’mores? Are they your favorite summer treat? Then you have to try these recipes.
- S’mores bars – made with graham cracker cookie dough, chocolate bars and marshmallow fluff.
- S’mores truffles – bite-sized, no-bake campfire treats!
- S’mores cookie cups – Together as Family blog
- S’mores ice cream – We Are Not Martha blog
Now you know how to make smores dip! Follow along with the video in the recipe card and enjoy one of summer’s best desserts. If you try this recipe, be sure to tag @ifyougiveablondeakitchen on social media so I can see your s’mores dessert!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups (260 g) chocolate chips
- 14-16 marshmallows cut in half
- Graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Place 8-inch cast iron skillet in the oven to heat up, about 5 minutes.
- Grease heated skillet with butter. Pour in chocolate chips. Top with marshmallow halves until all the chocolate chips are covered.
- Bake at 450° F for 5 to 7 minutes or until the marshmallows are nicely browned. Serve immediately with graham crackers. Enjoy!
Inspired by The Spruce.