Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
Peanut butter pretzel bars are sweet and salty. The five ingredient no bake recipe takes minutes to make!
Who’s craving a sweet and salty treat? I have you covered. Peanut butter pretzel bars are a quick fix for that exact craving. With five ingredients and no oven, these bars will be your go-to dessert in no time.
Peanut butter pretzel bars have a creamy, crunchy base that is packed with peanut butter and crushed pretzels. Then the bars are topped with a thick coat of melted chocolate adorned with mini pretzels on top. Pop these babies in the fridge to set and they’ll be ready in time for dessert.
No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars Recipe
The recipe for pretzel bars is simple. You need five ingredients: pretzels, peanut butter, butter, confectioners’ sugar and semisweet chocolate. To start, crush the pretzels in to fine crumbs. The easiest way to do this is using a food processor (this is the one I have and I use it constantly).
Then, in a large bowl combine the crushed pretzels, peanut butter, butter and confectioners’ sugar. Spread that mixture into an 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Pour melted chocolate on top and garnish with mini pretzels. Pop the bars in the fridge for at least an hour and you’re done!
How to measure pretzels
Weighing your ingredients using a kitchen scale is the best method when it comes to baking because accuracy is key. However, there are other ways to measure your pretzels. First, if the recipe calls for “1 cup pretzels, crushed” measure them as such. Put the whole pretzels in a dry ingredient measuring cup and fill to the 1 cup line. Then crush the pretzels. If the recipe calls for “1 cup crushed pretzels” then crush the pretzels first, fill a dry ingredient measuring cup to the 1 cup mark.
Every pretzel brand is different, but the mini pretzels I used measured 1 cup pretzels (uncrushed) equals 1.6 ounces or 45 grams.
How to melt chocolate in the microwave
If you can’t melt chocolate on the stove top, using the microwave is the next best option. Place chopped chocolate (or chocolate chips) in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute at 50% power level. This power level is vital so the chocolate melts evenly and does burn.
After 1 minute, stir the chocolate and heat again for 30 seconds at the same 50% power level. Continue in intervals until chocolate is smooth and melted. Never add water to melted chocolate as it will cause it to seize up. If anything, add a teaspoon or two of shortening to thin out the chocolate.
If you like this recipe, then you will love these simple chocolate covered pretzel rods.
You may find yourself with some extra pretzels or maybe a desire to make more no bake desserts! Here are a few of my favorites…
- Caramel Pretzel Blondies
- Chocolate Pretzel Cupcakes
- Dark Chocolate Pretzel Bark
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Did you love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card below and if you REALLY loved it, consider leaving a comment further down the page.
Get the Recipe: Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
- 5 cups (8 ounces or 90 g) mini pretzels
- ¾ cup (192 g) no-stir, creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup (170 g) unsalted butter,, melted
- 1 ½ cups (187 g) confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper (wax paper and aluminum foil works too). Set aside.
- Crush pretzels into fine crumbs using a food processor. Place pretzel crumbs, peanut butter, butter and confectioners sugar in a large bowl of a stand mixer.1 Mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and spread evenly using a rubber spatula or knife. Prepare melted chocolate.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute on 50% power level. Stir and heat in 30 second intervals at 50% power level. Continue until chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over pretzel mixture and spread evenly. Place mini pretzels on top for garnish.
- Place bars in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour. When set, remove the bars from pan, cut and serve.