Zucchini Banana Bread
Zucchini banana bread is an easy quick bread made with ripe bananas and summer zucchini. Each slice is tender, moist and full of flavor.
Zucchini recipes are my absolute favorite for summer and zucchini banana bread is one of the easiest. This new recipe uses brown bananas to bring extra flavor, sweetness and moisture to this quick bread. All you need are some brown bananas and zucchini, which isn’t hard to find during these summer months!
Why you should try this recipe: This recipe is a combination of my zucchini bread and banana bread. It’s tender and flavorful thanks to brown bananas and seasonal zucchini. If you have two mixing bowls and a loaf pan, you can make this recipe!
How to make zucchini banana bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the batter: Whisk together the dry ingredients and set aside. Mix wet ingredients together, then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir the shredded zucchini in last and mix just until combined.
- Bake the bread for 50 to 60 minutes. Cool bread in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer the loaf to a wire rack to cool completely.
To get the most flavor out of your zucchini banana bread, follow these tips. Use bananas that are brown for the most flavor. They become sweeter the browner they get and add more flavor to the bread! For the zucchini, it’s temping to add it right after shredding it, but instead pat out the juices. You can either use paper towels to pat dry or ring out the zucchini in a clean kitchen cloth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cut one end off the zucchini, then slide the end of the zucchini up and down a box grater. Once you get to the other end of the zucchini, discard the stub.
Place unpeeled bananas on an aluminum sheet and bake at 300° F for 10 to 15 minutes until the peel is black. Cool bananas completely before peeling and mashing.
Yes, once the bread has cooled completely, wrap the loaf in plastic wrap or aluminum foil then store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month. Defrost in the refrigerator before bringing to room temperature and serving.
Yes, divide the batter among 12 muffin cups and bake at 375° F for 18 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out with little to no crumbs. Cool in the pan for a couple minutes before transferring muffins to a wire rack to cool completely (this will prevent soggy bottoms too!)
Zucchini banana bread is a quick and easy recipe to make during the summer. Use brown bananas and fresh zucchini from the garden for the most flavor. If you enjoy this recipe, be sure to leave a review and tag @ifyougiveablondeakitchen on social media!
Zucchini Banana Bread
- 2 cups (250 g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons (85 g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup (57 g) plain yogurt, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large zucchini, shredded and pat dry
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together sugar and melted butter until butter is absorbed. Add eggs, yogurt and vanilla, then whisk until thoroughly combined. Add mashed bananas and stir just until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir just until combined (it's okay if there a few specks of flour). Add shredded zucchini and stir just until incorporated.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan. Bake the bread at 350° F for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with little to no crumbs. Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.