Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
Peanut butter fudge is easy to make and is a great holiday gift. This old fashioned fudge recipe is a keeper and requires only 5 ingredients.
Peanut butter fudge is an easy recipe to try. It makes a large batch, which is perfect for sharing around the holidays. Each piece of fudge is soft, sweet and full of peanut butter flavor. It melts in your mouth!
Why you should try this recipe: It requires only 5 ingredients and it’s prepared in less than 10 minutes. You can mix in chocolate chips or nuts for added flavor too!
How to make peanut butter fudge
- Line a square baking pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk. Boil mixture for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately add peanut butter. Stir until smooth.
- Combine peanut butter mixture with confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Transfer mixture into prepared pan and press down firmly. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours. Slice and serve.
Do not make fudge on a rainy day as it will absorb moisture. Use a heavy bottom pan otherwise the mixture will heat quickly and the sugar will burn. Use a no-stir peanut butter otherwise there will be too much oil in the mixture and the fudge won’t set properly.
The peanut butter didn’t set: If the peanut butter didn’t combine smoothly with the mixture, reheat the mixture with the peanut butter, add a couple more tablespoons of milk and stir until smooth.
Dry and crumbly fudge: The most common error is the sugar didn’t dissolve enough. When boiling the fudge, make sure the mixture comes to a full boil before setting the timer to 2 minutes.
Fixing dry fudge: Place the fudge in a plastic bag with a wet paper towel or piece of bread. Seal the bag shut and let it sit overnight. The other option is to place the fudge pieces in the microwave and reheat in 10 second increments until soft.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, once the fudge has cooled and is set, wrap the whole uncut bar or each individual piece in plastic wrap to avoid it drying out. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator.
Yes, 1/2 cup chocolates may be stirred into the fudge mixture before transferring it to the pan.
Store fudge in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Yes, fudge recipes may be doubled and tripled. Be sure to use a large enough pan.
During the holidays I also make peppermint fudge with good quality chocolate and crushed candy canes. Another good no-bake recipe is for peanut butter balls. They also requires just 5 ingredients and are a great gift!
If you’re looking for more ways to use peanut butter, then try baking cookies with it! A Christmas class is for peanut butter blossoms. These chewy cookies are adorned with a chocolate kiss. Peanut butter chocolate bars have a buttery shortbread crust, peanut butter filling and chocolate ganache top!
Peanut butter fudge is the perfect holiday gift for friends and coworkers! It is easy to make in large batches and lasts for a couple weeks. If you tried this recipe, leave a review below and tag @ifyougiveablodneakitchen on social media so I can see your homemade fudge!
Get the Recipe: Easy Peanut Butter Fudge
- ½ cup (113 g or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- ½ cup (120 mL) milk
- 1 cup (200 g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, see notes
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, optional
- 3 cups (360 g) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- Line an 8-inch or 9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk. Once the mixture comes to a full boil, set a timer for 2 minutes. Boil and stir once or twice to scrape the sides of the pan, then remove from heat. Immediately add peanut butter and vanilla (if using). Stir until smooth and let mixture cool slightly (about 5 to 10 minutes)
- Place confectioners’ sugar in a mixing bowl and pour peanut butter mixture over the sugar. Use an electric mixer to beat until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and use rubber spatula to press down firmly and evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours or until firm. Slice and serve.