Mini flourless chocolate cake is perfect for Valentine’s Day. The recipe makes two cakes in ramekins garnished with fresh strawberries.
Can we talk Galentine’s Day? It’s only the best day of the year. Ladies celebrating ladies on February 13th. This year for Galentine’s Day I plan on making mini flourless chocolate cake.
Baking is always more fun with friends in the kitchen. I hung out with Josephine from The Style Hostess the other day and showed her just how easy it is to make mini flourless chocolate cake!
For this recipe, simply whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl, the wet ingredients in another, then combine the two. Pour the batter into ramekins and bake. Like I said, super easy!
My favorite thing to do with these mini flourless chocolate cakes is to butter the ramekins then dust with cocoa powder. It adds a little extra chocolate flavor while keeping the cakes from sticking to the sides.
Of course garnishing the dessert is fun to! Add a sprinkle of powdered sugar and a fresh strawberry as finishing touches. Do you like the look I give to the camera when I add more sugar to an already sweet dessert? 😉
Josephine used the fresh strawberries to make us champagne cocktails (after all she is a hostess!) She cut the sstrawberries, poured about an ounce of cognac and topped it off with some bubbly.
I couldn’t think of a better drink to have with flourless chocolate cake!
Imagine serving this dessert with champagne for your girlfriends (don’t worry it doubles easily!) They will surely be impressed with this spread. Chocolate, bubbly and strawberries, what more could a girl ask for?
Well, maybe more chocolate. If you want, try topping the cakes with a drizzle of melted chocolate. Now what more could you ask for?
Treat yourself and your bestie on Galentine’s Day with dessert and a shopping trip too! Check out Josephine’s blog for style inspo (including the outfits we wore while baking) then make yourselves mini flourless chocolate cake!
Mini Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter plus more for greasing ramekins
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- 1/3 cup (57 g or 2 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease two 6-ounce ramekins with butter. Dust with cocoa powder and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt two tablespoons butter over low heat. Remove pan from the heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside to cool slightly.¹
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, combine sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and salt. Beat until blended, about 1 minute.
- With the mixer on low, slowly pour in melted chocolate. Mix until blended, about 20 seconds.
- Pour batter into prepared ramekins (split batter evenly). Place ramekins on cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Allow mini flourless chocolate cakes to cool slightly.² Garnish with powdered sugar and strawberries if desired.
² Cakes will fall after they come out of the oven. This is okay! Flourless chocolate cakes are meant to be dense, not fluffy and cakey.