This moist zucchini bread recipe is easy and delicious! The summer squash adds moisture, while the cinnamon makes each bite flavorful.
What would summer be without some zucchini bread? I had to make use of the excess summer squash growing in the garden so I made a double loaf recipe!
They key to a successful zucchini bread is moisture. Thankfully squash naturally has plenty of water so it keeps the bread moist through the baking process and days afterward.
I like to pack in as much zucchini into my batter. I usually measure out two cups then add another half cup, but that’s just me and the ridiculous amount of squash sitting in my kitchen.
The recipe is equally as good with just two cups, which you can get from about two medium-sized zucchinis. Just grate them up right before making the recipe to keep as much moisture in the squash before stirring it into the batter.
You’ll see how easy this moist zucchini bread recipe is—that’s the beauty of quick breads!
What really I love about this recipe though is that it makes two loaves. I don’t know about you, but whenever I make zucchini bread I tell myself I’ll give the loaf to a friend, then before you know it I’ve had four slices.
With this recipe, there’s no excuse. You gotta share! And your friends will definitely be asking you for the recipe.
Be sure to tell them that the bread tastes even better the next day (if you can wait). Something about letting zucchini bread sit overnight makes the flavors more evident—especially the cinnamon and nutmeg.
This moist zucchini bread recipe will not disappoint, It is easy to make, flavorful and packed with summer squash! You’ll be reaching for another slice before the first one is gone!
Tools recommended for moist zucchini bread recipe…
Moist Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 3 cups (360 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (200 g) light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (236 ml) vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini² about 2 medium zucchini
- Line two 8x4-inch pans with parchment paper and set aside. Preheat oven to 325° F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients—flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together sugar, brown sugar and eggs until combined, about 1 minute. Add oil and vanilla, and beat again until incorporated, about 1 more minute.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet mixture and use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to stir until incorporated.
- Stir grated zucchini into the mixture until evenly combined. Pour batter evenly into the two prepared pans. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.
- This recipe makes two loaves in 8x4-inch pan. Each loaf yields about 8 slices.
- Keep grated zucchini wet (do not pat dry with paper towel). Pack lightly in the measuring cup—it's okay if there's a little more than two cups!
- Store cooled zucchini bread in plastic wrap at room temperature.