Triple Berry Crisp
Triple berry crisp is an easy recipe that uses either fresh or frozen berries. This simple summer dessert is best served warm with vanilla ice cream.
Berry season is upon us and one of the easiest ways to incorporate the summer fruit into baking is by making a crisp. This triple berry crisp is packed with berry flavor, which pairs perfectly with an oat crisp topping. Make this dessert when you’re looking for the perfect summer dessert. It’s best when served warm with vanilla ice cream!
Why this recipe works: The berries are fresh, which provides a burst of flavor and color. The addition of lemon zest really highlights the berry flavors as well. The oat crisp topping brings warmth and texture to the dish. The topping can be made in minutes with either a pastry cutter or two forks.
How to make triple berry crisp
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Grease an 8×8-inch baking and set aside.
- Prepare berry filling: Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Make crisp topping: Whisk together all the dry ingredients, then cut the butter into the mixture by using a pastry cutter or your hands.
- Assemble: Place berries in prepared dish then sprinkle crisp topping over the berries.
- Bake the triple berry crisp at 375 F for 30 to 40 minutes.
Looking for more crisp recipes? Check out my peach blueberry crisp or strawberry rhubarb crisp. Both recipes are best made during the summer months when the produce is in season! For a dietary friendly recipe, try this gluten-free blueberry crisp.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, frozen berries work just as well in this recipe. Use 5 cups high quality frozen berries and increase flour to 3 Tablespoons as a thickener.
You can make the crisp topping 1 day ahead of time, but the berry filling you should make the berry filling when you bake the crisp otherwise it will get too juice and watery.
Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Preheat oven to 350° F and bake the crisp until heated through, about 10 minutes.
Yes. Cool the crisp completely and double wrap the crisp in aluminum foil. Freeze on a flat surface in the freezer for up to 1 month. Reheat in a 350° F for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Baking with berries is one of my favorite things to do in the summer. The most popular berry recipe is triple berry pie. It has a flaky lattice pie crust that allows the berries to bubble through. My favorite fruit is blueberries and I love how the flavor shines through in my blueberry cobbler recipe. It also serves well warm with ice cream. If you have extra raspberries, try my raspberry oatmeal bars. They have a buttery crust with a hint of almond extract.
Triple berry crisp is the perfect addition to your summer menu. While it’s best when eaten the day it’s made, I find that reheating the dish has amazing results as well! Remember the vanilla ice cream when serving your crisp (believe me, it is the perfect addition!) If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to leave a review and tag @ifyougiveablondeakitchen on social media.
Get the Recipe: Triple Berry Crisp
- 2 cups (12 oz) fresh raspberries
- 2 cups (12 oz) fresh blueberries
- 1 cup (6 oz) fresh blackberries
- ⅓ cup (66 g) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup (80 g) old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup (67 g) all purpose flour
- ½ cup (100 g) light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup (113 g) unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish with butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine berries, sugar, flour, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir until berries are coated and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add butter and use a pastry cutter (or two forks) to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse sand.
- Pour berries into prepared baking dish. Evenly sprinkle crisp mixture on top.
- Bake berry crisp at 375° F for 30 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the berries are bubbling. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.