Cinnamon zucchini bundt cake combines cinnamon swirl cake with zucchini bread to create a deliciously sweet late-summer dessert.
If cinnamon swirl bundt cake and zucchini bread had a baby it would be this cake. Shredded summer zucchini stirred into cinnamon cake batter makes a surprisingly satisfying combination.
This cinnamon zucchini bundt cake really blew me away. I didn’t think a cinnamon swirl could compliment zucchini bread as well as it did. I honestly thought it would over come all signs of zucchini, but to my surprise it didn’t. The recipe is the perfect balance between cinnamony swirl and tender zucchini bits.
To be clear, this cinnamon zucchini bundt cake (and zucchini bread for that matter) does not actually taste like zucchini and you can’t feel the shredded bits when you eat it. The zucchini adapts to the bread. It lends its moisture, tenderness and slight sweetness to whatever it is baked in.
I used about two medium zucchinis from the garden, which yielded just over two cups. When I added a hefty two cups to the batter I was not worried at all. I knew they would blend into the cake and make it even better.
But perhaps the best part of the cake is the cinnamon swirl center. The generous cinnamon sugar sprinkle between the layers melts into the cake while it’s baking and when you cut yourself a slice a beautiful ribbon appears. I personally love pulling the slice apart right where the two layers meet to see and taste the cinnamon goodness.
And to top it all off, why not add some cinnamon icing? It’s the cherry on top of this cinnamon zucchini bundt cake. After all, a nice drizzle always makes dessert look prettier!
Tools to make cinnamon zucchini bundt cake:
Cinnamon Zucchini Bundt Cake
Zucchini Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cup zucchini shredded (about 2 medium zucchinis)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a bundt pan (or use magic cake pan release).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until just incorporated. Set aside.
- Cream the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing for one minute after each addition. Mix in vanilla. Pour in melted butter and mix. Beat for 3 minutes with mixer on medium-high.
- Carefully mix in flour mixture. Add zucchini and mix just until incorporated.
- Make the cinnamon swirl by stirring cinnamon and sugar together in small bowl.
- Pour half of cake batter into prepared bundt pan. Sprinkle cinnamon swirl mixture over batter. Top with the rest of the batter. Tap the pan a few times to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cake test is done. Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes. Then turn onto a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- To make the glaze, mix confectioners' sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and milk together in small bowl. You want this to be a little thicker so it doesn't run down the cake. Add more milk if you want it thinner.
- Drizzle glaze over cake.
Recipe adapted from Julie’s Eats and Treats.