Mini Flourless Chocolate Cake for Two
Mini flourless chocolate cake is perfect for Valentine’s Day. The recipe makes two cakes in ramekins garnished with fresh strawberries.
Can we talk Galentine’s Day? It’s only the best day of the year. Ladies celebrating ladies on February 13th. This year for Galentine’s Day I plan on making mini flourless chocolate cake. It’s the perfect dessert to have with your best gal pal!
Why this recipe works: You only need 6 ingredients and the batter only takes minutes to make. It’s the perfect amount of cake without being over indulgent.
How to make mini flourless chocolate cakes
For this recipe, simply whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl and mix the wet ingredients in another bowl. Then combine the dry ingredients and wet ingredients and stir just until combined. Pour the batter into ramekins and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Like I said, super easy!
Ramekins are easy to find at a local kitchen store, but you can also buy ramekins online.
My favorite thing to do with these mini flourless chocolate cakes is to butter the ramekins then dust with cocoa powder. It adds a little extra chocolate flavor while keeping the cakes from sticking to the sides.
Of course you have to garnish the dessert too! Add a sprinkle of powdered sugar and a fresh strawberry as finishing touches. You can also add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of homemade whipped cream.
More desserts for two
Mini desserts are perfect for Valentine’s Day. I personally love individual icebox cakes. They are served in a cute little stack! Another great option is strawberry shortcake. You can save the extra biscuits for breakfast the next morning!
You can also make a full-size flourless chocolate cake and have it for dessert throughout the week!
Make ahead tips
Flourless chocolate cake is a great dessert to make ahead of time. Once cooled, cover the cakes and store them in the refrigerator for 3 days or in the freezer for 1 month. Defrost the cakes in the refrigerator before bringing to room temperature.
To reheat flourless chocolate cakes, place ramekins on a baking sheet and in a cool oven. Preheat oven to 300 F. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
Treat yourself and your bestie on Galentine’s Day with dessert. This dessert works for your partner of course too! Whoever you share this dessert with, I hope you enjoy it. If you tried the recipe, be sure to leave a rating and tag me on social media with @ifyougiveablondeakitchen.
Mini Flourless Chocolate Cake
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for greasing ramekins
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- ⅓ cup (57 g or 2 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease two 6-ounce ramekins with butter. Dust with cocoa powder and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt two tablespoons butter over low heat. Remove pan from the heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside to cool slightly.¹
- In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, combine sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla and salt. Beat until blended, about 1 minute.
- With the mixer on low, slowly pour in melted chocolate. Mix until blended, about 20 seconds.
- Pour batter into prepared ramekins (split batter evenly). Place ramekins on cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Allow mini flourless chocolate cakes to cool slightly.² Garnish with powdered sugar and strawberries if desired.
² Cakes will fall after they come out of the oven. This is okay! Flourless chocolate cakes are meant to be dense, not fluffy and cakey.