Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies
Peanut butter reindeer cookies are made with chocolate covered pretzels for antlers, chocolate chips for eyes and red m&m candy for the nose!
Well, Christmas is tomorrow, are you ready? It’s hard to believe it’s day 24 of the 25 Days of Baking. Santa is coming tomorrow and the man in red loves these peanut butter reindeer cookies. They are decorated with chocolate covered pretzel antlers, chocolate chip eyes, and red M&M noses.
Why this recipe works: You can shape the peanut butter cookies into the shape of a reindeer head and the cookies will keep their form and texture. This is a great recipe to make with children because it is quick and easy, but still has all the creativity of decorated cookies.
How to make peanut butter reindeer cookies
- Make the dough: Whisk dry ingredients together and set aside. Beat remaining ingredients with an electric mixer until well combined. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Shape dough: Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten it between your palms and shape into a triangle. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies: Bake at 375 F for 10 minutes or until the edges set.
- Decorate cookies: While the cookies are still warm, press two mini pretzels on top of the cookie. Add chocolate chips for the eyes and a red candy for the nose.
Helpful tips and FAQ
Add pretzels, chocolate chips and red candies as soon as the cookies come out of the oven.
Yes, you can! Roll dough into 2-inch balls and bake at 375 F for 8 to 10 minutes.
Place cookies in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 5 days. Layer cookies carefully with parchment paper between layer to keep the decorations from falling off.
Place dough in an airtight container or wrap with plastic wrap. Store in freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator before shaping and baking the cookies.
Love baking with peanut butter around the holidays? Here are a few recipes you will surely love. Classic peanut butter cookies are easy and delicious. The recipe makes soft, chewy cookies perfect for dipping in milk! Every year my mom makes no bake peanut butter balls. With only five ingredients, they are so easy to make and a crowd pleaser! Another fan favorite are peanut butter blossom cookies. The classic Christmas cookies are topped with a chocolate kiss.
Peanut butter reindeer cookies are a fun treat to make around the holidays. It’s easy decorating for kids and adults alike! Did you try this recipe? Show me on social media by tagging @ifyougiveablondeakitchen.
Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, (or shortening), room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg,, room temperature
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 48 Mini chocolate covered pretzels
- ¼ cup Chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Regular-sized red M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, milk, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed until well blended. Add egg; beat until just blended. Slowly stir in flour mixture. Mix until just blended.
- Form dough into 2-inch balls. Shape into a rounded triangle and flatten slightly with your hand. Space cookies about 2-inches apart on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately gently press two mini pretzels into the tops of the cookies for the reindeer’s antlers. Press two chocolate chips in for the eyes and one red M&M for the nose.
- Allow to cool 2 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack or paper towel to cool completely.
12 Comments on “Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies”
Reblogged this on Jane Doe (at-your-service).
Those cookies look soo cute! 🙂
This is the cutest I’ve seen!
They look so stunning! Love the antlers! <3 P.s the pictures on your blog are gorgeous!
These are adorable! Thanks for giving the tip about freezing the dough. I think I’m going to make all my holiday cookie dough this weekend and pull it out for the kids to decorate later in the season.
So tasty and cute! Can’t wait to make some for the holidays
These Peanut butter reindeer cookies are delicious! Dangerously good…
These are really adorable!! My kids enjoyed making and eating these cookies!
These reindeer cookies are SUPER cuute!! I have to try these!
Oh my goodness, these reindeer cookies are SO adorable! My kids would LOVE them!
What a great Christmas treat! These are so cute! Kids are going to love them!