Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This chocolate chip banana bread recipe is easy to follow and makes the best bread! Each slice is packed with banana flavor and melted chocolate chips.
Calling all banana bread lovers! I packed a loaf with chocolate chips and each slice is absolutely heavenly. This chocolate chip banana bread recipe is easy to follow and makes the best bread. I don’t know why I haven’t made this sooner. I usually go right for my usual banana bread recipe and I’m perfectly content. However, sometimes I need a little kick of chocolate in my breakfast snack.
Why this recipe works: This recipes uses a generous amount of overripe bananas for exceptional flavor and moisture. There is also a good handful of chocolate chips that are melted throughout the loaf.
How to make chocolate chip banana bread
Simply whisk the dry ingredients together in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl. Combine both bowls and stir just until incorporated (avoid over mixing). Then, stir in the chocolate chips by hand. Bake the bread for a little under an hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
I used my go-to banana bread recipe, which is moist and loaded with overripe bananas. I like to sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top for show. In my opinion, banana bread tastes even better the next day and warmed up in the toaster!
Frequently Asked Questions
One cup of semisweet chocolate chips can be added to banana bread. If you like more chocolate, I suggest sprinkling some chocolate chips on top. It makes the banana bread aesthetically pleasing.
This solution is simple. Toss the chocolate chips in some flour before adding them to the batter. Avoid over-mixing the chocolate chips into the batter. This trick also works for nuts, if you choose to add those to your bread as well.
Technically any banana that starts showing brown spots is overripe, however, I suggest using bananas that are entirely brown. Yup, bananas with a dark brown peel. Overripe bananas are extra sweet and soft, which enhances the banana flavor and moist texture in the bread, respectively. Very ripe bananas are also easier to mash!
Banana bread may be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days.
Yes, banana bread may be frozen. Once the loaf has cooled completely, wrap it in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1 month.
If you like this chocolate chip banana bread recipe, try my healthy banana chocolate chip muffins. They are made without butter or sugar, but still taste sweet and moist! Another popular recipe on the blog is for chocolate zucchini banana bread. It is incredibly flavorful and tastes almost like you’re having dessert!
Looking for even more banana recipes? Check out my banana oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips, banana sheet cake or brown butter banana donuts.
Enjoy this chocolate banana bread recipe with friends and family. Any banana bread lover will adore this sweet treat especially if they are a chocolate lover too! If you try one of my recipes, be sure to tag @ifyougiveablondeakitchen on social media so I can see your creations!
Get the Recipe: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 large, very ripe brown bananas mashed , (about 2 1/2 cups)
- ½ cup (113 g) unsalted butter,, melted and slightly cooled
- ¾ cup (150 g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs,, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350º F. Line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, lightly grease with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir with a whisk and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer for 90 seconds until combined. Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the mashed bananas into the butter mixture and beat until well combined, about 90 seconds.
- Add flour mixture to the batter and mix just until the flour is incorporated, taking care not to overwork the batter. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few dry crumbs (try to find a spot without chocolate).
- Cool the bread in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove the bread and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Kitchen scale is the most accurate way to measure ingredients.
- Hand mixer is a quick and easy way to mash the bananas and combine ingredients.
- 9×5 loaf pan is the standard size for quick breads.
5 Comments on “Chocolate Chip Banana Bread”
Nothing quite like the combo of banana and chocolate in a bread! Looking forward to baking this over the weekend; I have some perfect bananas. for baking!
This is my kind of banana bread love that you added chocolate looks stunning and so delicious too. Saving for baking it next week.
This recipe is heaven!
This chocolate chip banana bread is like dessert! It has a rich banana flavor, and the chocolate chips give it that extra decadence!